Only The Lover Sings

Love is a universal language. These poems express the song in my heart guided by love. Thanks for being here to partake of these love songs with the loving ears of your hearts.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

"No greater love man has than to lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13

There is war in the world
because there is war in man's heart.
There seems to be no end
to news of deaths in battlefields.

I glance at a newspaper today
and saw a soldier and his girlfriend
hugged so intimately and fondly
before he has to go back to war.

The greatest of wars
is never fought outside
but the heat of the battle
is fought inside our hearts.

The world as it is
continues to be
the land of life
and valley of doom.

Today as I wake up
I just make myself ready
at anytime to lay down my life
to love everyone.

My little act of love today
may not solve the war problem
of the world, but
it can make a difference!

Little tiny acts of love
if we all sum them up
will create an oasis of hope
in our dreary love thirsty world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home