Only The Lover Sings

Love is a universal language. These poems express the song in my heart guided by love. Thanks for being here to partake of these love songs with the loving ears of your hearts.

Monday, February 05, 2007

"omnia vincit amor" - love conquers all

Love conquers all,
yes, i believe that
but first of all
in my experience,
I need to be conquered
by love in all its intensity,
its paradoxes and contradictions.
Also, I just felt lately
that to know love
for what it is
I need to allow love
to break through me,
break my heart,
break my illusions,
break my control of life.
Then, in the soft rhythmns
of the present moment
like listening to the sound
of birds even in winter
loves speaks its language
in or out of season.
Yes, only in that nothingness,
only in that darkness
only in that brokenness
I came to understand
the victory of love
in my own moments
of falling to the ground
like seeds deeply sleeping
in the cold winter
only to sprout full of life
and beauty in spring!
Today, I am ready
to love again in the now
and I'm at peace
and secure that love will win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home