Only The Lover Sings

Love is a universal language. These poems express the song in my heart guided by love. Thanks for being here to partake of these love songs with the loving ears of your hearts.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

"Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, make new." - Ursula K. Le Guin

When I commit myself
to love and be loved
I surrender myself
to love and its own life
in the moments deeply blessed
by sharing and caring
by thoughtfulness and
and memories of the heart.

When I begin to truly love
I leave behind the doorsteps
of my selfish obsessive self
and just simply be there
for the other in total unity
feeling life's freeing joys
or embracing its sorrows.

When I love and forget
that I am loving indeed
without asking for returns
but just the sheer ecstacy
of loving for the sake of it
It is then that I am truly free
and fully human in loving.

When I have made
my errands of love
and came home to rest
I make one last wish
just before I fall asleep
in the peace and quiet
of a luminuous night
may I dream of love again
and wake up clutched by love!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home