Only The Lover Sings

Love is a universal language. These poems express the song in my heart guided by love. Thanks for being here to partake of these love songs with the loving ears of your hearts.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

"Love one another as I have loved you" - John 15:12

Today, I sing a love song
It is a love song of a dove
Flying over me and a friend
as I walked along the path of life.

The dove spread its wings
pure whiteness in splendor and beauty
hovering over us, spreading peace
assuring freedom and new hope.

The dove looks with eyes of love
his heart waiting and longing
his feet steady in the air
his head upward and proud.

Then I heard the echo
of the dove's love song
"here am I, my beloved
ready to die for you"!

Martyrdom is love's highest goal
there is a lot to it
than simply letting go
it is just being pure nothingness!

The dove's long song
is also mine and maybe yours
if only I can see through
the chambers of my brokenness.

Love is alive and well
in the depths of my being
nothing and no one can stop
that wellsprings of eternal love!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home